Adoption support for parents
Coram's adoption support is aimed at providing you with the skills for positive parenting of children who have suffered abuse, neglect, or other adversity.
Our adoption support for parents includes:
- Parenting skills' training for adopters of children in two age groups: four to eight years and 11+ years. Last year, Coram delivered four parenting programmes in London to 53 parents; 94% were 'satistifed' or 'very satisfied' with the programme, and 97% would recommend it to a friend.
- Coram's stay and play group for children under five.
- Regular workshops on subjects of interest to adopters, such as 'Talking to your child about adoption'.
- Life Story Book training for adopters.
- Mentalization-based treatment for families (parents and children four to 16 years).
- Preparing to parent siblings courses explaining the complex dynamics of siblings relationships.
"I value the ongoing support Coram offers to adoptive families like ours, whether it’s access to specialist professional services, parenting skills training or therapeutic support for our kids." - Sean, Coram adopter