Through our life-long adoption support, we help you to provide a safe, loving home for your adopted children whatever - and whenever - the challenges
We offer adoption support to our adoptive families throughout childhood and beyond. Our friendly and experienced social workers will work with you to help you get the support you need so your adopted children can thrive.
“Coram helped us become a family and continue to support us to be a happy family. The staff are motivated and caring, and the impact Coram has had on our lives has been amazing”
What sort of support can I get?
Help with parenting
- parenting skills groups for all types of adoptive families including families with adopted teenagers
- social events for your family inlcuding 'Stay and play' drop-ins and an annual Adoption Picnic
- peer support groups for you and your children
- help accessing education and health services for your children
- a regular newsletter to keep you up to date with developments in the adoption sector.
Help with your children's education
- factsheets on schools admissions, special education needs (SEN) and exclusions from Coram Group charities Coram Children's Legal Centre and the Child Law Advice Service.
Help accessing additional support
- we are part of the Support Gateway providing adoptive families with fast and easy access to therapeutic support including art and music therapy, mentalisation-based therapy and other child and family psychological help. You can use the Adoption Support Fund to help pay for this service (scroll down to find out more about this fund).
Am I entitled to any other adoption support?
In addition to our support, all adoptive families are entitled to:
- a summary of your child's health from your local authority medical adviser
- a 'life story' book to help your child understand their early life
- a free early education place
- the Early Years Pupil Premium - this is funding to help your child's Early Years setting improve their provision for children who need more support
- priority admission to the school of your choice
- your child's school can also claim the Pupil Premium - this is additional funding to help meet your child's needs.
- the Adoption Support Fund is funding for a range of therapeutic services, which you can access if your family qualifies. You can find out more on the First4Adoption website
Can I get support for my adopted children?
We understand that adopted children may need more support at different times in their lives. That's why we offer them dedicated support whenever they need it.