Adopting in Harrow
Coram works with Harrow to find and prepare adoptive parents and to meet the needs of the children waiting for adoption.
We provide a high-quality, responsive service for adoptive families.
We are proud of our strong continuity of social work staff and our welcoming campus dedicated to the needs of children. We also provide established local centres in partnership with local authorities.
Together we share a commitment to improving outcomes for children and are ambitious for adoption for those children who need it.
- Paul Hewitt, Corporate Director of People Services, London Borough of Harrow
In Harrow we focus on:
- improving care management and decision-making
- maintaining a strong child-centred focus in our adoption work
- ensuring positive outcomes for all children, including those with complex needs
- increasing the council's performance outcomes for adoption
- making savings in the council’s total care budget
Coram's adoption service in London is judged outstanding in every category by Ofsted. In 2011, our long-standing partnership with Harrow was independently evaluated. The report found that all children were being matched within six months with savings to the council of £440,000 per year.
Coram is innovative and forward thinking in how it can improve and develop services to achieve permanence for children - Ofsted 2017
Looking to adopt in Harrow?
We can help you take the first steps on your adoption journey. We'll guide you all along the way, ensuring you are well prepared and supported throughout the process and once you become a family, for as long as you need us.