Ambitious for adoption in Harrow
Coram Ambitious for Adoption is a regional adoption agency that works with Harrow to find and prepare adoptive parents, to meet the needs of the children waiting for adoption
Our work with adoptive families is characterised by our high-quality service and responsiveness to evolving needs, our strong continuity of social work staff, a welcoming and accessible campus dedicated to the needs of children, and established local centres in partnership with local authorities.
Together we share a commitment to improving outcomes for children and are ambitious for adoption for those children who need it. - Paul Hewitt, Corporate Director of People Services, London Borough of Harrow
In Harrow we focus on:
- improving care management and decision-making
- maintaining a strong child-centred focus in our adoption work
- ensuring positive outcomes for all children, including those with complex needs
- increasing the council's performance outcomes for adoption
- making savings in the council’s total care budget.
Coram's adoption service in London is judged 'Outstanding' in every category by Ofsted. In 2011, our long-standing partnership with Harrow was independently evaluated. The report found that all children were being matched within six months with savings to the council of £440,000 per year.
Coram is innovative and forward thinking in how it can improve and develop services to achieve permanence for children - Ofsted 2017