Who can adopt?
If you are interested in adopting and live in the areas where we work, we'd love to hear from you.
We need people who are in good health, are energetic and have the motivation to persevere through difficult times.
We welcome enquiries from:
- Single people
- Couples who are married or in civil partnerships
- Couples in committed, long-term relationships
- Heterosexual and homosexual people
- People from different ethnicities and religions
- People without children and those who are parents already
- Homeowners or those in rented accommodation, with a spare bedroom for an adopted child
- People over the age of 21, who are UK residents and hold no criminal convictions against children
- Those at the end of fertility treatment
Is adoption right for me?
We recommend that you do as much preparation as possible, to find out if adoption is right for you.
The First4Adoption website has lots of helpful information and advice, including an interactive step-by-step guide all about the Adoption Process. Their helpful advisors are also on hand to answer your initial questions.
We have also produced an information pack for those interested in adopting.
Do we cover your area?
Coram is based in London, Cambridgeshire and the East Midlands, with a geographical reach to surrounding areas.